Friday, May 30, 2008

The Big "D" Word

I want to learn. I want to learn to be a better me. I want to learn the things that God wants me to know so that I can be what He wants me to be. In order to do that, "To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction." - Proverbs 12:1
It says I need to love discipline - love it.
I know there are areas in my life that I am not consistent. I know there are areas that God wants me to learn more things and practice what I am learning in a disciplined manner. The potential for God to get more glory because I am dedicating myself to learn - even if it means that I have to be corrected a lot, well, that makes it worth it. I'll take my lumps so I can learn my lessons, and I'll ask God to show me His perspective on my growth so I will learn to love it.

No comments: