Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Loving Evaluation

My mom passed away three years ago. She was an amazing woman - a prayer warrior and an encourager.
This morning I was flipping through my Bible and I found a lengthy letter written by a friend of mine about the impact that she had made. My friend talked about how my Mom was such an encouragement and her little hand-written notes meant so much to so many.
It reminded me that everything I do should be done in love, and should be to encourage people to become all that God wants them to be.
I am a judger by nature. If you look at my Myers-Briggs Personality Assessment, that is what it says. I just naturally evaluate everything. That is one of the things that makes me good at my job, but that is also one of the things that can cause me to miss opportunities to love people.
Even in the process of evaluation, I am choosing to do it with love today.

1 comment:

dubblewide said...

Hey dog, bookmarking your new blog now. Can't believe I still haven't come over to see ya in two years now... Cest La Vie!

Hope things are going well!