Saturday, July 5, 2008

Just Right

Have you ever had one of those days when you wake up with something on your mind that kinda makes you a little anxious? I had one of those mornings. I woke up and went into my office to do some surfing and was reminded about Steven Curtis Chapman's loss of his daughter. So, I checked his site to get an update. Then, I read an email about a friend who's 15 year old daughter has been diagnosed with cancer.
Well, needless to say, I got a little bummed about losing loved ones - and I spent the rest of the morning playing "Hide and Go Seek" with my kids, thanking God the whole time for how wonderfully unique they are.
I was still kinda in a funk, and I sat down to read the Bible for a bit before I headed off to the church. Amazingly, the story that I read in the book of Mark and the follow up devotional point from Max Lucado was exactly what I needed to hear. It is so cool when God sees my heart and goes the extra mile to orchestrate a way to show His love for me.

No comments: